We’re a ‘best place to work’!
We’ve earned top rating for our commitment to our LGBTQ and ally communities … again!
On November 9, the Human Rights Campaign (HRC) Foundation released the results of its annual Corporate Equality Index (CEI) for 2018. And we have – for the second time! – received the top rating of 100% – making us one of HRC’s ‘Best Places to Work for LGBTQ equality.’
“This distinction is a great tribute to National Grid’s continued commitment to Inclusion & Diversity and our LGBTQ and ally communities, inside the company and out,” says Keith Hutchison, HR SVP & Chief Diversity Officer. “It’s also a reflection of our great employee base and the culture we’ve built together … I couldn’t be prouder.”
HRC’s Corporate Equality Index (CEI) ranks companies across the US based on how they treat their LGBTQ employees and local communities. Various categories include:
Employment benefits, including:
- Prohibiting discrimination based on sexual orientation and gender identity or expression
- Offering equivalent spousal and partner medical benefits, and transgender-inclusive health insurance coverage
Organizational LGBTQ competency:
- Providing an employer-sponsored employee resource group (ERG) for LGBTQ employees
- Competency training, resources or accountability measures
- LGBTQ-specific efforts to demonstrate ongoing LGBTQ-specific engagement
- Implement corporate giving guidelines
We have 11 thriving ERGs in the US, including PRIDE USA, which supports our LGBTQ and ally communities. Executive Sponsor and SVP Operations & Engineering John Bruckner says, “The important work this group does to support our employees and our local communities never ceases to impress and inspire me. I feel privileged to be a part of it, and to work at a company that truly supports I&D at all levels.”
Please click here for more on the Human Rights Campaign and the Corporate Equality Index 2018.