Power to Serve- Neighbor helping neighbor
There is a LOT happening in October! All through the month, we’ll be out in force raising breast cancer and fire safety awareness, raising money for communities in need and more.
Don’t miss out! Look out to learn more about these upcoming initiatives – and how YOU can take part – in ournationalgrid.com and At a Glance. And share your photos with us so we can highlight your efforts! Here’s a preview of what to expect …
Week 1: Pink baseball caps and hard hats
- Pink baseball caps and hard hats will be on sale throughout the month.
- Or, if you work in the field, wear your pink hard hat on the job site.
- Volunteer, participate and/or donate to your local Making Strides against Breast Cancer event or related events.
- Make sure you, or a loved one, gets a mammogram.
- Tag your photos with #GridWearsPink, #PinkHardHats, #Pinktober and be sure to tag @nationalgridus.
Week 2: Fire Prevention Week: Oct 9 -15
- Check and/or replace your current smoke alarms and carbon monoxide detectors if they’re more than 10 years old.
- Donate a smoke alarm for a family who may not be able to afford one.
- Booths set up at major company locations for one of the days during the week, where the first 50 employees to visit each booth get red Power to Serve t-shirts.
- Bins available the entire week for people to drop off smoke/CO alarm donations. Local fire departments will distribute the alarms to our neighbors in need.
- Learn more about our Local Energy Power to Serve program, where 25 hours of your volunteer work can provide $250 to the charity of your choice (for first responders, this can mean more money to your local fire department).
Week 3: United Way kickoff
- Look for an event near you!
- Contribute to your local United Way or designated charitable organization in your area.
Week 4: Careers in Energy Week: 17-21
- Wrap-up on ournationalgrid.com the week following Careers in Energy week of all of the events we hosted and/or participated in.
- Attending an event? Share your photos with us! Tag #EnergyCareers and @nationalgridus on Twitter, or email them to CorporateCommunications@nationalgrid.com.
Other campaigns to look out for in October:
- Customer Service Week (10/3 – 10/7)
- National Cyber Security Awareness Month
- National Energy Awareness Month
Questions? Comments? Please contact CorporateCommunications@nationalgrid.com.