If you qualify, why not switch to natural gas?
Free natural gas conversions are being offered to income eligible residents on Long Island and New York City.
National Grid understands that heating homes can be expensive for a lot of families on Long Island and in New York City. By switching to natural gas, homeowners could not only lower their energy bills, but also improve their family’s comfort. We are currently offering income eligible families in these regions, who have natural gas available to their homes, a completely free natural gas conversion with no out-of-pocket expenses.
Why switch to natural gas?
- Lower maintenance costs
- Less expensive and more efficient that home heating oil**
- Only pay for what you use
- No running out, scheduling deliveries or negotiating with your oil company
- Cleanest fossil fuel with no odor or residue
If you or someone you know meets certain income levels or are enrolled in one of the following programs you could qualify:
- Home Energy Assistance Program (HEAP)
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)
- Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (Family Assistance)
- Safety Net Assistance – Public Assistance
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Veteran’s Disability Pension
- Veteran’s Surviving Spouse Pension
- Child Health Plus
Who should you contact?
To determine eligibility, please contact the appropriate individual in your region:
- Long Island – Susan Montano: 516-545-4192 or by email: Montano@nationalgrid.com
- New York City – Patrick Clark: 718-270-0161 or by email: Clark2@nationalgrid.com
*Natural gas must also be available to the home address.
**National Grid does not guarantee savings. Savings and energy efficiency experiences may vary.