Change to Customer Bill Pre-paid Postage
Please be aware beginning in November 2018, National Grid will no longer be offering prepaid return payment envelopes to our NYC or Long Island customers. Customers can receive their bills electronically and pay on-line to receive a bill credit.
While most of our customers no longer pay their bills using the postage-paid envelopes, we still want to make them aware of the many easy ways to pay their bill. Here’s what we are telling customers:
We highly recommend this option:
- Go Paperless & Pay Online – Securely receive and pay your bill electronically, and earn a paperless bill credit that adds up to nearly $5 per year. You can even schedule automatic payments from your bank account. To sign up, visit com/payonline.
Other options include:
- Pay In Person – Make a payment at National Grid walk-in payment centers or at thousands of Western Union locations – free of service charges. Visit ngrid.com/visit to find a location.
- Pay by Bank – Some banks allow you to use their web site to pay National Grid bills. Contact your bank to learn more.
- Pay by Phone – Pay with a credit or debit card, or with your bank account. Have your account number and payment information ready. Fees may apply.
- Call 1-800-930-5003 for Long Island
- Call 1-718-643-4050 for New York City
- Use a Stamp — National Grid will continue to supply return envelopes with billing statements. To continue paying by mail, simply affix a U.S. postage stamp to the envelope provided.
- Please share this information with your family, friends and neighbors. Additional information can be found here.