Central New York Division Employees: Get Grid Assist Today
Primarily a mobile website, Grid Assist is a simple set of tools to give you quick answers to common National Grid questions that friends, family, acquaintances, or neighbors may ask. (Customers should always report gas emergencies immediately to 1-800-892-2345 or 911.)
Grid Assist is a pilot program for Central New York Division employees only that runs now through December 12, 2017. The pilot offers several options to help you answer questions and share information promptly and accurately.
“We are thrilled to launch Grid Assist,” said Lori Acker, VP, Customer Engagement. “Our employees asked for this mobile resource tool to enable them to help customers, and the team delivered. Grid Assist will continue to be developed and refined during the pilot period leading up to the planned rollout across our entire U.S. footprint.”
To get started, download the web app to your smart phone or tablet at ngrid.com/gridassist.
Voicemail and Email Options
ONLY if you can’t find the answer on the mobile web site, you can call an employee-only voicemail line or send a note to an employee-only email address which will directly reach our Customer Care Team. (Keep in mind that contacting Customer Care through Grid Assist will not gain the customer any special treatment outside the company’s normal process flow.)
- Voicemail: Dial 877-442-5353 and leave a detailed message.
- This option is available from 9 a.m. – 5 p.m., Monday –Friday, with responses typically in two hours. Messages received outside of 9–5 can expect a response in 24–48 hours.
- As a reminder, we are not authorized to discuss specific account details with anyone other than the customer on record.
- Email: GridAssistUNY@nationalgrid.com
- Emails received during 9 a.m. – 5 p.m., Monday – Friday should have a two-hour response time. Messages received after hours can expect a response in 24–48 hours.