And the winners are …
We are proud to recognize the following facilities for demonstrating exceptional Environmental Excellence in the fourth quarter of FY18.
- Lynn LNG Plant, Lynn, MA
- North Creek Service Center, North Creek, NY
Congratulations to the recipients this quarter! Let’s all continue to do our part to improve the environment.
Hear what each location’s supervisor has to say:
“Environmental compliance is as important as safety compliance at the LNG Plants.”
Rebecca Slosberg, Supervisor, Lynn LNG Plant, Lynn, MA
“Being tasked with the Environmental Compliance Facilitator (ECF) responsibilities at North Creek has provided valuable insight into National Grid’s environmental policies and procedures, as well as increased environmental awareness.”
Don Pierson, Sr. Supervisor, North Creek Service Center, North Creek, NY
About the Awards:
The Environmental Excellence Awards were established in FY18 as a way to recognize National Grid Facilities that demonstrate a high-level of environmental compliance each quarter. Facilities are selected by the National Grid Environmental Team and must meet all environmental requirements for the quarter including:
- Completing all required environmental inspections on time
- Ensuring waste is managed properly
- Ensuring all petroleum tanks and waste drums are properly labeled and maintained
- Verifying all oil or chemical releases are properly remediated