Take a NY Minute – Our KEDNY-KEDLI rate case agreements
Gas expansion and growth
This article is one of a series that will help create awareness on the major components of our KEDNY/KEDLI rate case agreements.
Bringing natural gas to new customers in Brooklyn, Queens, Staten Island, Long Island and the Rockaway Peninsula is a big part of our rate case proposals. Our New York City service area, which is highly saturated in terms of gas customers, is experiencing growth from redevelopment, new construction, and oil-to-gas conversions. And our Long Island service area remains one of the more attractive regions in the country for natural gas growth.
The rate case agreements aim to grow the gas business in a number of ways:
- Neighborhood Expansion Program (NEP): Building off the successful East Hills project of this past summer, we will use data to identify promising growth locations on Long Island and obtain firm commitments from a threshold number of customers to justify the capital investment. While East Hills was a large effort – serving more than 1,000 customers with 80,000 feet of new main – the gas growth team will also look at smaller, grass roots projects of 1,000-2,000 feet of new main using the principles of NEP.
- Incentives: We will offer a rebate of $1,000 to each new Long Island customer who agrees to take service along the route of a planned main replacement to help offset customers’ upfront equipment and installation costs.
- Clean Heat Program: We will work in tandem with New York City to enable New York City property owners to comply with the law to use fuels or alternative energy options that generate less emissions than heavy oil (#4 and #6) by 2030 or sooner.
- New construction and traditional conversions: Add new gas heat customers from new construction and traditional oil-to-gas conversions.
- Natural Gas Vehicles (NGV): Support conversions of motor vehicles to natural gas through our NGV programs and incentives in New York City and Long Island.
“As customers continue to choose natural gas over more expensive and less environmentally friendly fuels, it’s our job to meet their demands with excellent service while enabling growth in a smart, cost-effective way,” says Jim Cross, VP Sales & Sales Operation. “These programs give us the means to do it.”
KEDNY-KEDLI Rate Case series:
Modernizing our gas system
Leveraging gas operation technologies
Gas safety performance metrics and compliance
Gas expansion and growth
Proposed REV Demonstration Projects in DNY
Enhancing the customer experience
Helping our most vulnerable customers
What’s happening with Economic Development?
Hitting the ground running – our implementation plan